Thursday, July 19, 2012

Honeymoon

I am cheating and finishing my What I’m Loving Wednesday on Thursday. I have been blessed so much that it just must spill over. :) I want to use this post to shed some light on the humor that continued on from our ceremony to the honeymoon.

*I am loving Zach’s hiccups. I know that sounds silly, so I shall explain. When he gets hiccups they last forever! I remember a case he had in college that literally lasted days. The reason I love his hiccups is because they usually are a result of intense laughter. There was a considerable amount of time in our honeymoon in which Zach was drinking water upside down in order to get rid of hiccups. We laughed a LOT! It was wonderful.

*I soon found out that I married a sleep talker. I am loving his sleep talking. He talks to me every night. Ha I am a VERY light sleeper. My alarm clock is simply my phone ringing on vibrate, and I can wake up to it even if it is on the other side of the room. One of the funniest is when he sat up in the bed, shook me, and yelled, “THOMAS THE TRAIN?!? REALLY?!? HE’S SHOWING TONIGHT?!? YEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!” Then he immediately fell back on his pillow in his deep sleep. It was quite hilarious.

*I am loving all of the fun things we got to do on our honeymoon.

Wedding 007

We toured the Biltmore mansion.

Wedding 009

It was HUGE!!! Guess that’s why they call it a mansion.

*We also went kayaking down the Nantahala River. I don’t have pictures of that yet, because they are on a waterproof camera that we have not yet developed. That was my second time down the Nantahala and Zach’s first. We both LOVED it! The weather was perfect, and it was beautiful. I also got a good little arm workout. ;)

We went to a zip line park.

It was loads of fun.

It began raining not too long into our adventure, and that just made the line rides much more quick and exciting. :)

I didn’t want to come home.

*I am loving our mugs that our wonderful friend Kyla got us! They make me smile.

The inside rim has a verse from Songs that says, “My heart has found the one it loves”, and they both have hearts on the inside bottom.

*I am loving that the first thing Zach has done every morning after his alarm goes off is says, “I love you so much!” It is literally the first thing he does before his eyes are open well. Some days he has even said it before he turns off his alarm. He wasn’t even aware that he did that until I told him about it. I hope that never stops. I like it. :)

*I am loving that he is my prayer warrior. He stops to pray over me constantly. He learned that from his precious Daddy who I now get to share with him. :) He knows how nervous I am about  my first year of teaching. I had my first workshop today, and before he walked out the door to his early Thursday morning men’s group he came over to pray over me. It blesses my heart. I LOVE him!

I hope you have enjoyed the short summary of my wedding weekend and honeymoon, and I hope that you got in some laughs yourself. I know that I will forever cherish the memories. Thanks again to all of those that helped make it so wonderful!

Shaped by Grace,

Jessica Hardy

4 comments:

  1. What a sweetie! I love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me SO happy for you!!!!! I hope that you are loving married life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so precious! Makes me smile. :)

    Praying for you, Jessica. You'll be a wonderful first year teacher!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete