Saturday, September 22, 2012

The Unknown

What in life makes you happy? We all have those certain things. I love being around children and watching Disney movies. I’m actually a pretty excitable person, but my precious husband sure does have me beat!

Wedding! 014

I love you, dear!

One thing that he gets excited about more than all of the other things is the Word. I think I can live with that. ;) He loves going through books of the Bible with me. Side note: We are currently going through Hosea, and it is some gooood stuff! He also loves to tell me about what he’s reading in his own personal time in the Word, and he loves to tell me the good stuff that he’s reading in all these marriage books. :) Every night that he comes back from night class at Mid America he goes ninety-to-nothing telling me about the nuggets of information he received from his Old Testament class. He also likes to beat me in games, but we don’t have to talk about that.

via

He is a natural teacher, so as we have these discussions I can’t help but wonder where God will decide to use his talents. His desire is to either plant churches or be a campus minister. I personally think that he would ROCK as a campus minister! The unknown is scary and exciting all wrapped up in one. As I have imagined us in those scenarios I smile. Then, I think about how funny God is.

We could end up in neither of those situations. God is teaching me more and more about trusting Him. It’s a beautiful and constant lesson. As I think about our future and where we will be I am honestly excited about the unknown. This is new for me. I love my planner, and I love my plans. In this situation though I am just excited. I’m ready to see what’s next in this adventure we have begun.

Wedding! 264

 

We shall see in the years to come! :) The unknown doesn’t always have to be feared.

 

Shaped by Grace,

Jessica Hardy

No comments:

Post a Comment