Sunday, March 17, 2013

Nawleans!

 

This Thursday, the hubby and I took a road trip to New Orleans to see my some great friends, Amber Grace and Joshua Heath. This was the first trip Zach and I have taken as just the two of us since our honeymoon. It was lots of fun just to travel with my man. Let me tell you, the alphabet game can get intense!

via

We started out at a disgusting 5:30 in the a.m. I was so excited about the trip that I couldn’t sleep. Ha My eyes told me that there was NO way contacts were getting in there! We got there in time to attend a chapel service in which David Platt was speaking. Let’s just say that we were left with a big challenge.

This was a very fun trip. We were able to do many things that are specific to New Orleans. We went to the Farmer’s Market. It’s only a little different from our little Mississippi markets. Ha They sell alligator and things of that nature. I had to try some.

It was quite tasty. We spent a large amount of time on the French Quarter. People watching is rather fun there. We saw two street shows, walked through the shops, browsed the street art, ate Cajun food, and OF COURSE had some Cafe du Monde twice.

We ate at a place called City Diner right before we left, and it was the BEST food I think I have ever tasted! It was absolutely and incredibly delightful. If you ever go to New Orleans, City Diner is a must! It’s actually in Metairie, but that’s really close to New Orleans.

That’s not a plate. That is a pizza pan! They have pancakes so big that they take up a whole pizza pan. Not only are they huge, they are DELICIOUS! I might go back just to eat at this restaurant.

 

This was a wonderful trip. We went with the agenda of seeing friends, but in that trip God showed me some things in my life that need to change. I was challenged greatly, but that will have to come in another post. I hope that you had a great weekend, reader friends.

Shaped by Grace,

Jessica Hardy

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jessica,
    I just nominated you for a Liebster Award. Check out more information on my blog, here: http://confessionsofanartmajor.blogspot.com/2013/03/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete