Thursday, January 2, 2014

Booking it!

 

I love to read. I always have, but I haven’t always “had time” for it. The truth of the matter is that you will make time for what is a priority in your life. Well, these past couple of years, I have rearranged my priorities. Reading is back up there on the list. Getting into a book can take you away from reality; it can make you feel as if you are one of the characters. Reading obviously increases your knowledge base, so I find it fun to glean wisdom from people who have much to give in the practical areas of life.

via

I teach second grade, and I share what I’m reading with my students. I don’t read it with them, because it’s simply not on their reading level. I do share though, and it creates an open communication with them. They initiate recess conversations and after school pickup conversations about what I’m reading now and what I think I’ll read next. They ask about the emotion that my current read evokes. They want to know what genre is my favorite, and I sure hope that it is a tiny little igniting of a love for reading in them.

via

I get lost in books; I forget my surroundings. I had the pleasure of rooming with my best friend, Amber Marie, during college. She laughed at me as I read. She said that watching me read was entertaining. I would ooooh, ahhh, gasp, and burst into laughter…whatever emotional response was necessary. I would speak to the fiction characters as if they could hear me or adamantly agree with the truths stated by non fiction writers. Zach has learned also that when I get a book in my hand, it’s pretty much time to say goodbye to me until it is put down. That’s why I’m linking up with Amber for 24 in 2014 Book Challenge.  Some of the following books I have already begun, but have not completed. Some are books that I have seen browsing through my free reads on my Nook, and some are ones that I have wanted to read for a long time. I am listing them in no particular order.

 

You can link up with Amber as well!

Shaped by Grace,

Jessica Hardy

1 comment:

  1. Good luck- I am doing this too :) Great list of books!

    ReplyDelete