Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Love and Marriage

It seems that my blogging has been limited to ice days and holiday vacations. I am oh so thankful for those times though. I am excited to be writing in the last few hours of opportunity a WILW post.

My husband and I have been married for a year and a half. I hear lots of people constantly tell me, "The honeymoon stage will wear off." Well, I sure hope not! It not wearing off has a lot to do with our intentionality and dependence on God. You know what I'm loving this Wednesday?!? I'm loving my hunk of a man!

I’m loving being married to this man. I can completely be myself around him. I can tell him all of my crazy, silly, scared, insecure, excited, or just plain stupid thoughts without thinking twice. I know he’ll still be there no matter what, and I am loving the freedom to just be myself around him.
I am loving that he took me to see Frozen today! It was sold out yesterday, so we tried again today. It was an incredible movie. I love animated movies.

I am loving my Christmas presents from him. He got me a Nook. I’m a big reader, but I’ve always loved the book in my hand. I think I’m going to enjoy this shift though. I’m loving that I racked up on some free Beth Moore books yesterday!
The most meaningful was that he made me a no sew scarf. Isn’t that just precious?!? He looked up my Pinterest boards and took the time to learn how to make something that I had pinned. It’s a cute scarf, too! It’s not like the sweater you wear to make your grandma feel better. It looks incredible.He also made me foot scrub that smells fabulous and left my feet feeling oh so soft. I’m kind of a freak about washing my feet, so that’s kind of a big deal. That’s just incredible that my sweetie took the time to do those things. I couldn’t have dreamt up a better man! I am looking forward to all that 2014 holds with him. Happy New Year! What are you loving this Wednesday, reader friends?
Shaped by Grace,
Jessica Hardy

No comments:

Post a Comment