Sunday, December 8, 2013

Dedication and India

You know how I said we made ornaments with cousins last Thanksgiving? Well, Zach and I made ornaments along with them. Zach got stuck with probably the most difficult and tedious ornament of all. It involved probably 1,000,006 a lot of tiny beads and lots of focus. He spent at least a couple of hours on this ornament, and voila! It now hangs upon our Christmas tree!

This ornament reminds me of my husband’s dedication in all areas. I am constantly in awe of his work ethic and persistence. He works full time, part time, and is getting his master’s degree. He does this all without a single complaint. He inspires me so much. In his dedication and never giving up, he does not care at ALL what people think of him, and I am constantly learning from him. Have I mentioned that he’s my favorite? My prayer is that some of that dedication and care-free nature will continue to rub off on me. Btw, there’s still time to link up with Amber Marie for 25DOCO.

Most of you that know me know that India has a special place in my heart. I spent the summer of 2010 in Varanasi and had my world rocked. I fell in love with the place and tell Zach all the time that I would go back to live forever. I fell in love with the people, the hospitality, the vibrant color, the chai eventually, and all of their yummy bread. I also saw a desperate need for the gospel. It hit me so much more because their idols are so evident and open. In America, ours are a little harder to see. There though it was so blatant, and it was heartbreaking.





It is a passion of mine to let women know their value and worth in Christ. We live in a culture that says to find worth in so many different things that will never define worth! They will always fail, and women/girls search relentlessly to no avail. In India, it’s even worse. Most parents do not desire girls. Many girls are aborted. If they are not aborted, some are dumped after birth. In India, many girls will never hear of their worth in Christ.They are treated as less valuable. This video will explain some of the reasons why and also tell you how you can help to change that.



 

Nicole @ Bloom has family that lives in India. They desire to give these girls a chance and to give them hope. If you can give, even the smallest amount, give. If you cannot, share it! Share the above video. Share Nicole's blog. Nicole's goal is to reach $2000 this Christmas season in support of Shiloh Shelter. You should definitely click on the link above to read the post that tells more about Shiloh Shelter. After you're done doing that, you should follow her blog. You might ask why. Well, because she is an amazing woman of God, and her blog does a whole lot of glorifying Jesus. Did you watch that video? Watch that video!

Shaped by Grace,
Jessica Hardy

No comments:

Post a Comment