Saturday, August 13, 2011

What's the meaning of this?!?

So, one of my besties, as you probably already know,  loves to blog. She has talked me into it. I kind of like the idea. :) I thought an awful lot about what I should title this whole blog thing. I kinda overthink everything. I did finally decide on a title, and I thought it would only be appropriate to explain this title. Anything I write is signed with "shaped by Grace". A dear friend I met in India signed an email with this signature, and I loved it so much that I adopted it. The reason I fell in love with this phrase it because of the truth that these three words hold in my life. My life has been turned upside down and beautifully wrecked by the grace of my Abba!!! I have been a follower of Christ for five years, and if you knew me five years ago you would most likely be floored by the difference. I even look back myself and shake my head. The grace of God is completely and amazingly transformational. His grace has been shown to me in ways that we all enjoy: encouragement, growth, unconditional love, friendships, redemption, etc. His grace has also been shown to me through the things we don't enjoy so much: conviction, correction, heartbreak, breaking down of walls, redirection, pruning, His plan overtaking what I thought would be, etc. You can't have one without the other, and looking back the things I didn't and don't enjoy so much at the time are some of the biggest blessings I could have ever experienced. All of these things combined have molded me into the woman I am today. I am thankful that He will continue to shape me by His grace. I have been made new by His grace. I have given the following titles: beautiful, relentlessly and unconditionally loved, adored, adopted, ransomed, restored, pure, healed!!! He doesn't extend this to us though for us to hold on to. He does it so that we will also extend this grace. I want my life to be an extension of this grace. :) I look forward to smiling, laughing, maybe even sometimes crying with you in this blog experience!!!

Shaped by Grace,
Jessica Nicole 


2 comments:

  1. Do you know what this means!? We have the same blog birthday!!! :) Awwwww! I love that you established your identity in Christ with your very first post! Keep it up, bestie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jessica! So nice to meet you, and welcome to the blogging community - I hope you like it here! :-) Your friend Amber told me about you, so I thought I'd drop in and say hello. ~Kristin from Kristin's Veranda

    ReplyDelete