Thursday, September 22, 2011

The Questioning of Sanity

Do any of you have the proverbial “bucket list”? I do, and one of the things at the top of the list was…skydiving. I actually got to mark that one off the list this last weekend, AND I even got credit through my university for it! Crazy? Yes. Crazy awesome. It was a wonderful experience, and I definitely plan on doing it again! I’ll show you some picture documentation.

jessica calvery-00010

Walking to the plane with my wonderful instructor. He had my life in his hands. Ha It made me happy that they gave me a pink jumpsuit. Smile

jessica calvery-00016

I’m not sure if you can read it or not, but the sign on the plane says “Please No Farting”. Ba ha ha I’m pretty sure the instructors really take that seriously, since we’re connected to them and all. Winking smile 

jessica calvery-00015

This is my nervous face.

jessica calvery-00025

Making our way out of the plane. I asked my instructor to pretty please flip us out. It was awesome!

jessica calvery-00035

Free falling at a slow 120 mph.

jessica calvery-00040

The goggles coming off.

jessica calvery-00074

The landing. The hair doesn’t stay intact while flying through the air. I was looking Einstein.

jessica calvery-00075

I was all smiles for a pretty long while.

Since I have been back the main question is, “What was it like?”. That is a hard question to answer, because it is not comparable to anything we know. It’s NOT like a roller coaster drop as most people assume, because you’re not jumping from a stationary object. You already have the forward momentum of the plane. Also, the air kind of picks you up as you fall if that makes any sense.

 

Another question is whether or not I was scared. I was not. I’m sort of a dare devil with “little woman syndrome”. I was nothing but excited…UNTIL I got on the plane. It was a 14 minute ride to our 14,000 foot altitude, and the whole way up I was thinking to myself, “Oh my goodness, am I REALLY about to do this?!?”. I didn’t know I said it aloud until my instructor said, “Yes, you are. You used to be normal, but now you’re joining us.” Ha ha Then, it got even worse when I got to the door about to jump out. It was then that I REALLY questioned my sanity. My instructor had to pry my hands from the bar above the door. Then…we went, and it was absolutely amazing!!! I loved it, and I’m pretty convinced that every one in the world should jump out of a plane. Add it to the list. Winking smile 

Shaped by Grace,

Jessica Nicole

2 comments:

  1. Not gonna lie, it makes my stomach do flips just to think about doing this. I would probably pee my pants. For real. ha! But I love that you got a pink jumpsuit and a cute instructor! So cool that you did this!

    ReplyDelete