Wednesday, October 26, 2011

What a Beautiful Day!

So, I have not written a post in a loooooooong while, because elementary education has consumed my life. But, I am super pumped that I finally get to link up with Jamie for What I’m lovin’ Wednesday!

image

 

First, and foremost, I am LOVING that I just turned in my teacher intern assessment instrument and teacher work sample!!! In short, that is a HUUUUUGE project that is the crux of my entire elementary education career at Delta State University, and it has stolen my  life and sleep. I don’t know what to do with myself now. My quality of life has increased MAJORLY, let me tell ya!

image

via

Secondly, I am lovin’ that we got the ping pong table in the youth building fixed after 2 1/2 years. I am ping pong junkie, so this makes me happy, and Brad Beckwith (boss) is going down!

image

via

I am also lovin’ that last night was Bedtime Story Hour. This is an annual program that Delta State’s Mississippi Early Childhood Association puts on where children ages 2-8 from all over the community come, and they are put in centers with rotations. The children are read books and get to complete activities that go along with the books. They get to wear their pajamas and bring their stuffed animals, and they are PRECIOUS! It makes my heart happy to see all of them. In order to work with kids, you have to be one. I fit that. I wore my footie pajamas and brought my teddy named Sugar.

DSCN6486

Anna stole it, and gave it a nametag that read “Anna’s". Ha

DSCN6487

There were babies everywhere!

DSCN6522

DSCN6530

PUH-RECIOUS! His project says, “Im go to git you!” Precious little invented spelling. Ha Man, I love children!

DSCN6521

I spent most of the night hanging out with this little man. He is the son of one of my professors, and I want to steal him! Although, he is exhausting, as she will readily admit.

I am also lovin’ that Thanksgiving is only 4 weeks away! Time for good food, family, and friends. I have a countdown going.

image

Lastly, I am lovin’ learning the rules of football and baseball. Now that I am gaining understanding, I actually am starting to enjoy it. Who knew?!? Ignorance isn’t bliss. Ha Delta State University is number one, and as I watch their games I actually know what I’m cheering for. Ha I am keeping up with the World Series and learning about baseball. I am sad because the game was cancelled tonight. Meh. I want the Rangers to take it all! It’s actually REALLY fun to trash talk all the Cardinal fans around here.

image

via

I’m really excited that I got to finally write a post. Happy Wednesday to all!

Shaped by Grace,

Jessica Nicole

1 comment:

  1. Ok, the Bedtime Story Hour looks like the bomb dot com. I'm a bit jealous of all the cute and fun things that you elementary ed guys get to do, there's not a lot of cute things that come with secondary education. Bummer. ha!
    Awesome that you finished your project though!

    ReplyDelete