Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Lovin’ Memory Lane

 

It’s Wednesday, and 2013 has just begun. Are you thinking what I’m thinking? Yep, there’s no better time to do a What I’m Loving Wednesday post!

 

I want to start by saying that 2012 brought the most change that any one year in my life has ever brought. It is all change worthy of loving! Let me share all of the 2012 love quickly.

via

I got to share the classroom with this lovely lady! To know her is to love her.They’re inseparable. I learned many, many wonderful things from her. She’s a fabulous teacher! 

It was actually in her classroom that Zach Hardy proposed to me on February 10, 2012. You can see the video that she taped of it here. I was CLUELESS that that was what was going on or that it would happen any time close to what it did. It was perfect. I was amazingly shocked.

I accepted my first teaching position at Hope Sullivan Elementary, which is by the way the best school in the world! I can’t imagine a more supportive and encouraging staff and administration to start me off.

via

I graduated from Delta State University. Fighting Okra! Doesn’t that sound sophisticated?

I changed my last name!

I got to be a part of some other great friends’ weddings.

 

 

I began teaching in my very own classroom, and I was entrusted with 24  precious, little ones.

I made a 21.2 mile hike on the Appalachian Trail!

 

Those are a few of the highlights of my wonderful year. I can only look forward to how God will grow what He’s already put into place.

There are also a few other things I’m loving on this Wednesday. I’m loving that I’ve rearranged my classroom a bit so that I could clear my desk completely.

See, that’s much more inviting for the little ones to join me for a guided reading group or small group math time. I used to have to push all my pens, papers, and sticky notes to the side when I met with them. The only time my bottom ever hits that chair anyway is when I’m doing a small group. I like this look much better!

I’m also loving that I feel like I accomplished a lot today in the classroom in preparing for them to storm through the doors with all of their holiday hyperactivity and excited story-telling tomorrow. There’s never a dull moment with those little ones.

I’m also loving that I have the best friends in the entire world! It has been a tough 2012 being scattered all over the States. There have been many, many times that I have greatly missed my friends, but they’re all just a phone call away. This was almost a 2012 memory. It was 2011, but I think it should be included in this post. To get just a tiny picture of how awesome my friends are watch this video. My computer broke, and they all got together to get me another one. They threw a sneaky Dirty Santa/Tacky Christmas Sweater party to give it to me.

I am extremely blessed. What are you loving this Wednesday, reader friends?

 

Shaped by Grace,

Jessica Hardy

No comments:

Post a Comment