Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Anniversary

Well, I still have 18 days until my one-year anniversary. We just took our anniversary trip though, so I feel that it is a good idea to share about it on this Wednesday. We’re linking up with Jamie for What I’m Loving Wednesday!
WILW
This Wednesday I want to talk about how much I love marriage and my wonderful husband. Marriage is for sure one of the best gifts God has given us. It’s a beautiful picture of Christ and the Church, and it will sure teach you a lot about God’s unconditional love. Wedding! 054 - Copy There are many pieces of advice that you will receive, much unsolicited, when you are engaged and/or newlyweds.These are a few of the things that I have learned about marriage and my husband in my one year of marriage. Some were expected. Some were just plain surprises.
1. I’m a morning person. He’s not.

2. Selflessness towards your spouse promotes selflessness in your spouse. Demands and expectations promote resentment and division.

3. He has never ending energy…truly.

4. Communication is MORE than important!

5. He does many things in his sleep. He walks, talks, smooches, cuddles, snores, sings, elbows, takes orders, coaches basketball games, carries Olympians’ luggage…the list goes on and on and on My husband could sleep through absolutely ANYTHING! I’m also convinced that he’s narcoleptic.
6. It’s hard to be mad at each other when you’re praying together and you’re in the Word together. True story. Try it!
7. His driving is not therapeutic for me.
8. His song blunders are quite funny. 
9. We’re both really competitive. It’s good for our marriage that we’re on the same team.

10. Men aren’t mind readers. Don’t expect that. Say what you think, want, or feel. It’s helpful…really.
11. Although I am quite wonderful to spend time with, he needs his guy time. Let your man have his time with the guys, as you don’t forget to take time with your girls.
12. It’s VERY important to speak kindly to one another and to encourage each other. Point out your spouse’s strengths, and try to be creative/gentle in telling them about things that bother you. It’s not the easiest, but it’s so worth it on both ends. Don’t speak poorly to or about your spouse. The Bible says that a nagging wife is like a continual dripping faucet and that it is better to live in a desert land than with her. I don’t want to be like that to my husband!

13. Laughter really is the best medicine. My husband is really good at making me laugh, and most of the time he doesn’t mean to. He’s just crazy, and he has a carefree attitude.
14. It is so wonderful to continue getting to know each other more deeply. We can complete each other’s sentences and know what the other is thinking before they even speak. I know that there are still many things to learn about my husband, and I have  many years to do it. I also know that we will both change over the years, so it will be a constant study of one another. Getting to know each other more intimately has by far been one of my favorite things about marriage.

I will share about our trip in my next post. I’m loving marriage with my crazy man! What are you loving this Wednesday?

Shaped by Grace,
Jessica Hardy

No comments:

Post a Comment